I like reading. I don’t do it as often as I would like, but I do enjoy it.
I’m also major all-or-nothing kinda of kid. like, I can’t just have one spoon of whip cream; I need ten. and if I’m going to dress up, I’m going all the way.
so now that I’m reading again, I’m fucking READING ALL THE BOOKS.
I keep track of what I read via my Goodreads account. my “Currently Reading” shelf, via which I update to the social media universe on what page I am of a given books, says I’m currently engaged in fourteen books at the moment. don’t believe me? here’s the list:
- David Wellington – 13 Bullets
- Cory O’Brien – Zeus Grants Stupid Wishes
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints – Addiction Recovery Programs
- Joe McQ – The Steps We Took
- Joe McQ – Carry This Message
- Marya Hornbacher – Waiting
- Marya Hornbacher – Sane
- Galen A Foresman – Supernatural and Philosophy
- Stephen R Covey – The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Stephen R Covey – The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Personal Workbook
- Joe C. – Beyond Belief
- Alcoholics Anonymous – The Big Book
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions
- A Alvarez – The Savage God
now granted, some of those are 12 Step support books, others are workbooks, and some are just casual reading every few weeks. but seriously. I have a bookmark somewhere in every single one of those.
that also excludes other books that I’ve started and set aside while I do my addiction recovery reading. and it furthermore excludes books that weren’t mass-produced, or at least aren’t in Goodreads’s collection.
^ this is me with books
why do I do this to myself?