so I had a seizure this morning

it was at 5am.  I was thirsty, so I went to the bathroom to fill my water bottle.  I got dizzy, but nothing new there. (for those who don’t know, I’m both anemic and have shitty blood circulation, so I’m constantly getting dizzy.)  however, by the time I made it to the bathroom sink, I realized this was a bad one; like, I was gonna black out.  so I sat down on the closed toilet thing I know, I’m on the bathroom floor, I can’t feel some of my appendages; others feel like they fell asleep; I couldn’t hardly talk or move or hear.  Brian was behind me, but not really; like he was, but on another plain.  moreover, I was drenched in sweat.

apparently, when I sat down on the toilet, I passed out immediately.  I then fell between the toilet and the tub.  Brian said I was convulsing and that my eyes had rolled back upwards into my head.  he was able to move me from between the tub and toilet and into the middle of the floor.  he said well over a minute passed before I stopped convulsing.

it still took a while for me to actually speak or interact with him.  but eventually I did.  partially, at least.  it wasn’t until after several hours of sleep later that I could full function again.I couldn’t stand or sit up for several hours afterwards.  the few times I could sit up, I started vomitting.  so I got Brian to text my boss what was going on, and I just laid on my side and slept on the floor.

around noon, I finally was able to get off the bathroom floor.  I had to get Brian to help me up.  I was still really shaky and woozy.  I was light-headed, and my fingers weren’t able to type as effectively as usually.  it was odd.

I’ve got a doctor’s appointment Thursday morning.  they’re full today.  tomorrow is Mardi Gras (seriously, everything except bars and certain grocery stores on the parade route will be closed).  and Wednesday, I have meetings at work and stuff all day, so that’s not an option.  so I guess we’re waiting until Thursday.
I, personally, don’t think anything is going to come of it.  they’re review the symptoms, say it may have been caused by my medication pattern being a fucking disaster since October, then let me go.  they’ll probably give me a list of symptoms to look out for in case another one happens.  but I doubt any actual preventative measures will be taken.
all of this reminds me of when when I had that stroke when I was 19-years-old and in college (fall 2005).  but that’s another story….

leave your two cents. or three, because I'm poor.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s