(if I’m gonna bitch about the bad things about sobriety,
I might as well talk about the good too.)
- I don’t have hangover headaches.
- I get in fewer arguments with Brian.
- I’m less likely to get a DUI/OWI.
- I’m coming in late to work less frequently.
- people aren’t on my ass about cutting back on or stopping Using.
- I don’t have to lie about Using.
- I fret less about where and how much alcohol or pills I have.
NOTE: it took everything in my power not to attack each statement with a negative counterpoint. that’s pretty damn impressive for me, btw.
Stuff I Will Hopefully Be Able to Add to the List Down the Road
(this is shit other people have listed in their blogs and the like)
- easier to lose weight
- clarity of thought
- save money
- fewer body aches
- fewer headaches
- feel more refreshed in morning
- better sleep
- connection with Higher Power
- optimistic about future
- happier; depression will get better
- better appreciate my blessings
- vomit less
- stop destroying organs
- memory improves