Danielle LaPorte again, this time posing eight quick question-answer pieces she presents in a very recent collection of short videos (like, less-than-five-minutes kind of short) as part of an IGTV series entitled “Desire Map for Living”.
below are my personal musings, with a link to each video that expounds on the highlighted question. it’s not much, but I’m just trying to get posting again — so have just some fucking patience with me. 😉
What am I taking for granted?
- my intelligence: because of my intelligence, I am able to make improvements in my life and avoid making horrible mistakes.
- MN public transportation: it really is a life-saver between my times of inability to drive and my times of disinterest in driving. and it’s a great system up here; one of the best in the nation.
- the Sun: You glorious thing, You. welcome back to my life. I haven’t gone out and fully enjoyed You just yet. my apologies.
2] What I Trust
What do you know to be true right now?
- I will never run out of cat hair, thanks to Zero.
- I am granted unconditional love from Brian, Mum, and Tiger.
- I am also granted love from FatherPerson, JennaLee, Sheila, and (as best as he can) Zero.
- I have thus far always gotten back Up, despite the number of times I had already been knocked Down.
- I am presently and usually exhausted — but I am not absolutely, constantly exhausted.
What do you want that you already have?
- more time: I am simply mismanaging the time I already have.
- control over/in my life: I can (at least somewhat) easily alter many things in it right now — via a change in jobs, increased volunteer work, finding new MeetUp groups, discovering new places on my own, et cetera.
What is something upcoming that is presently causing you negative anticipation?
- the Project: I am presently anxious, self-doubting, prematurely regretful, and prematurely exhausted.
- I want to be successful and find something that will make me happy in the long-run.
- going into the Project with confidence would encourage these results.
- the Visit: I am pessimistic and resentful.
- I want to enjoy myself and see this as an opportunity and not a requirement.
- I should change my focus and mindset approach.
Make a list of negative feelings you can recall from a past event, then eclipse them with their contrasting positive.
- weak: strong
- out of control: in control
- helpless: capable
- mad: containable
- petty: appreciative and wise
- unimportant: valued
What does your Inner Child need to feel in each of the following areas of life?
- relationship and society: my Inner Child (IC) wants to make a difference to others, to help and be of service to others. the goal is not to then become important to those people — but it is a great bonus by-product.
- body and wellness: my IC wants to run and play, be active and enjoy that precise moment of life.
- livelihood and lifestyle: my IC is not very needy. it just wants enough to survive somewhat comfortably.
- creativity and learning: my IC loves to explore and learn and play. IC loves going on great adventures, or even find solutions to problems close to home.
- essences and spirituality: my IC is connected to all things. an omni-relationship with all forces of life encourages my IC to keep on trucking in its own life.
How does your Inner Superhero need to feel in each life areas?
- relationship and society: my Superhero (SH) is dedicated steadfastly to being useful and helpful to both others and itself.
- body and wellness: my SH is strong and capable, yet still limber and embracing of the possible. my SH takes good care of itself, without fretting over the minor stuff.
- livelihood and lifestyle: my SH is comfortable and happy. it does not need much. and when it does have a need, it fulfills it promptly and confidently, without shame or anxiety.
- creativity and learning: my SH may not have all the answers, but it at least tries to locate them. ever growing, ever willing to change for the better, my SH advances consistently as if in an RPG.
- essences and spirituality: via its connection with the “local” population, the surrounding life forces, and both its natural and its man-man environments, my SH is able to aid all involved compassionately and effectively.
How is your Future Self already feeling in each life area?
- relationship and society: my FS has a strong social group again at whatever location its living, but still holds on to the important ties from its past.
- body and wellness: my FS is still working on my body and my health. it has not given up hope on getting and feeling better.
- livelihood and lifestyle: my FS is doing things it enjoys in its free time and during its work time. it appreciates and values its present career, rather than just tolerates it.
- creativity and learning: my FS is still such an information- and learning-junkie. constantly researching and sharing what it learn, my FS has really started making a difference in the lives of others.
- essences and spirituality: that same connection with all things stands strong in my FS. it uses this bond to grow in itself and to assist with the growth of others.